Learn How to Value Your Art
Valuing your work can be a complex and challenging task. Join us March 11, 2017 at NEQM ( www.nequiltmuseum.org), 18 Shattuck St, Lowell, MA from 10 am - 2 pm for a panel discussion with three women who are experts on how they value art quilts.Vivien Sayre, a certified quilt appraiser, will cover the factors she considers when appraising work and how appraised values can help in making decisions about pricing and are used by insurance companies in the case of a lost, stolen or damaged piece of art. Janice M Jones www.janicemjones.com and Sarah Ann Smith www.sarahannsmith.com will talk about how they price their work and how the different venues where their art is sold affects their pricing. We will also have information from a few insurance agencies that cover artist studios and traveling artwork.
Wicked Good Art Quilts to Debut at MQX April 5!!
Drum roll please, our new ME/NH/VT MA/RI Regional Exhibit, “Wicked Good Art Quilts,” debuts at MQX April 5 - 8 in Manchester. You won’t want to miss viewing the exhibit which is both diverse and exciting. From the entry photos submitted, the color palette each artist worked with will play extremely well with all the others. It’s almost as if this was planned from the beginning however, the resulting beautifully cohesive exhibit it totally serendipitous!
We’re looking for volunteers to staff the SAQA booth on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Each shift is 2 hours and you’ll enjoy talking about SAQA and your perspective as a quilt artist with attendees. You won’t want to be left out so click on the link soon to sign up to share your time and talents http://doodle.com/poll/2ffu8exw9veyek9i.
There’s still plenty of time to learn more about MQX’s festivities. To register for one of their fabulous classes and/or over the top events, visit: http://www.mqxshow.com/MQX/East/Home/index.cfm
There has been continued interest from several members regarding hosting initial/organizational meetings for various PODs! As these meetings become finalized, we will let you know where and when they will be held. Every POD will be unique as they will reflect the personalities of its members. You won’t want to miss out on these meeting(s) where key components for the direction of each group will be discussed. Remember each POD is unique and your input is necessary so it will meet your needs.
Remember, no matter where you live, everyone is welcome at any POD meeting. See Calendar of Events below for scheduled meeting(s). For more info or if you would like to host a POD meeting please contact Diane Harris, email@example.com.
- Ree Fagan's quilt, “OBX Seas in April,” has been accepted into Quilt National 2017. The 20th Anniversary opening weekend and competition is this Memorial Day weekend in Athens, Ohio. Congratulations Ree for earning this amazing feather in your cap!
- Wen Redmond reports terrific news: Her work has been accepted in “Digitalia: National Juried Exhibition of Digital Art” Poughkeepsie NY; “MQX,” Manchester NH and “Fantastic Fibers,” Paducah KY. Way to go Wen, Congratulations! Her recently published book, Digital Fiber, is available for purchase on both Amazon or her blog, http://tiny.cc/3nagjy. Catch these local workshop opportunities while you can!! She will be teaching full day workshops on “Media Mix Creative Photo Transfer Collage” on March 18 at SEACOAST Sewing, Portsmouth NH and on April 29 at the Whistler Museum, Lowell MA. The week of July 24 will find Wen teaching at Quilting by the Lake, Session II - find more information here. For other workshops check her tab on http://tiny.cc/ipagjy
Calendar of Events
- The second Thursday of the month, 10am - lunch: Seacoast NH SAFA Meeting. This established group is always looking for new artists to join them as they share techniques, show recent work and go on field trips to art exhibits in the area. For details on the next meeting, contact Michele Kincaid at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, March 15th, 10am - 1pm, POD 5 initial meeting at the Bridgewater Mill Mall. An old mill building on Route 4 in Bridgewater, Vermont west of Woodstock has been converted into an artist’s mall. It is easily seen from Route 4 on the left as traveling west or on the right if traveling east. Enter around back where the post office is located. The meeting set-up will be in a wonderfully large room (approximately 26' x 30') with two display walls for Show and Tell. There will be options for lunch as Ramunto's restaurant is there. Options could be either brown bag or luncheon fare could be catered from the restaurant. To RSVP, please contact Linda Ramrath at email@example.com or 508-769-7881.
Here's what’s coming up with the MA/RI Region:
- June 3, 2017 - Blaine’s Sewing Center (www.blainesewing.net), 1280 Oaklawn Ave. in Cranston, RI; 10-2 pm - Carol Anne Grotrian (wwwcarolannegrotrian.com) - Composing Your Art
- September 23, 2017 - Pro Chemical & Dye (www.prochemicalanddye.com), 126 Shove St. in Fall River, MA; 10-2 pm - Vicki Jensen (www.vickijensen.net) - Resist Dyeing
- October 21, 2017 - Open Studio, Bernardston, MA; 10-2 pm - with Cheryl Rezendes (www.cherylrezendes.com)
The April Newsletter Deadline is Friday, March 24, 2017
Email us your news so we can support the marketing and promotion of your art.
Your ME/NH/VT Regional Reps
Diane Powers Harris firstname.lastname@example.orgStephanye Schuyler email@example.com