The schedule of events now looks like this. Please note the times and events.
Schedule of Events
Friday Sept 14th
Til 6:30 pm Tour Belfast shops and Galleries
6:30 pm Dinner at The Mermaid Pub, 121 East Main St Searsport
8pm Wine, Cheese, and Hors D'oeuvres reception at the Capt. Nickels Inn (with registration)
Saturday Sept 15th
Captain AV Nickels Inn
10am Zendoodles with Sandra Betts, New Brunswick, Canada
Noon Lunch at the Inn(w/registration)
1 pm Extreme Texture, with Michele O’Neil Kincaid
3pm Unique Framing Technique with Beth Berman
7pm Dinner Banquet
8pm Show and Tell
Sunday Sept 16th
10am Chasing Inspiration with Lois Hooper, New Brunswick, Canada
One room AT THE INN has opened up so feel free to grab it at 207-548-1104
- The registration fee is payable when you arrive - no need to send any checks.
- Make sure you let me know if you need vegetarian or vegan meals IF you haven't done so yet.
- There will be some sewing machines and a few ironing boards at the Inn. If you have a light weight, easy to carry machine bring it. If not, don't worry.
- BRING THINGS FOR THE SHOW AND TELL
- Your registration fees includes the wine reception Friday night and the Saturday lunch between the workshops.
- The dinner at the Mermaid Tavern will include three choices plus one vegan choice because of the size of our group.
One or more pieces of whole cloth or simply pieced backgrounds aprox. 20 x 20”.
Cotton batting and backings to fit though the finished piece will be smaller
Hand and machine quilting threads of your choice
Fibers and beads to embellish
Sewing machine with piping (edge stitch) and free motion feet
Basic sewing supplies (for hand and machine)
Zentangles requirement list
6 to 8 sheets of regular copy paper
Fine black Sharpie pen
Coloured pencils/ watercolour pencils/inktense/colour markers- whichever colouring tools you prefer
If you want to carry this further to using on fabric you can add the following but I am not asking you to bring these supplies due to the limited amount of time for the presentation. This is generally a full day workshop.
12inch x 12 inch square white cotton and similar in black
Black permanent marker pen
Black and white thread
2 bobbins (one wound with white, one with black)
Flat dense batting such as thermolam
Sewing machine –clean, good working condition, new needle
Regular sewing supplies
Free motion foot
Halo, slider or hoop
Decorative threads such as metallics, rayon
Extra fabric for sashing, borders, backing and binding- your preference for finishing
Chasing Inspiration / Lois Hooper / Sunday morning
Exercises in developing new designs. Lois will be using various exercises to help participants mine their creativity and spark new ideas. Please bring pencils and paper.
If you need to contact me email me at beth dot from dot maine at gmail dot com